New to HT - From Montana/Texas

mtmtb

Hey all! Was turned onto these forums from a good friend who frequents here. My wife and I are originally from Western Montana, but currently reside in Texas. Down here because of work. We hope to make it back to MT sooner than later, for GOOD! :hump:

I've had my Montana tags since the spring and have a few hunts planned this fall for rifle season. I've always loved the forum atmosphere, so looking forward to participating/contributing/asking lots of questions here. Thanks!

-David

Welcome.

Just thought your move was reversed... People move from Texas to Montana. Not Montana to Texas.

Lived in Texas for a few years in the past. Great people.

Cannot vouch for the Big Bend area or NE corner.

The rest of the state have good people. good beer, and good food.

Hunting can be expensive~

Welcome.

Just thought your move was reversed... People move from Texas to Montana. Not Montana to Texas.

Lived in Texas for a few years in the past. Great people.

Cannot vouch for the Big Bend area or NE corner.

The rest of the state have good people. good beer, and good food.

Hunting can be expensive~

Thanks! Yeah seems a bit backwards. I was lucky to work for three years in Billings, kind of a one-off in my industry. That office closed down and Texas it was. We will enjoy our time here, like you said the people are great (for the most part).

It's just a different pace of life, way too fast for me. People here love their fishing and hunting leases, but I just don't see it. I need mountains and public land.

I've got a few hunts lined out down here for this year. Nothing crazy, I'll never spend the $$$ for a lease or fenced hunt.

Welcome!! This is a great place to hang out when you have a chance....people are helpful and genuine (if I do say so myself).

Welcome to Texas...it's a great place to earn visiting & out of state tag dough.

...and welcome to Randy's sandbox, it's a wealth of info and damn fine people, even the stubborn ones are better than most.

Welcome Mtmtb,
I'm also in Texas, but heading to Montana for the first time next month. I hear its beautiful country. (Texas does have some public hunting, just have to know where to look.) What part of Texas are you living?

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Welcome Mtmtb,
I'm also in Texas, but heading to Montana for the first time next month. I hear its beautiful country. (Texas does have some public hunting, just have to know where to look.) What part of Texas are you living?

Be careful, you may never come back! I'm in west Texas, Midland/Odessa area. You heading up for opening rifle? I'll be there closing week over Thanksgiving.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Be careful, you may never come back! I'm in west Texas, Midland/Odessa area. You heading up for opening rifle? I'll be there closing week over Thanksgiving.

Mtmtb, I am planning to head to the west side of the little belts for the rifle opener. Don't know exactly what to expect, just hoping to put some meat in the freezer. It will be fun seeing new places!

Mtmtb, I am planning to head to the west side of the little belts for the rifle opener. Don't know exactly what to expect, just hoping to put some meat in the freezer. It will be fun seeing new places!

Good deal! I hunt a spot over by Showdown Ski area. Seen lots of activity in there but never put anything on the ground. Beautiful county though, try to find a spot with minimal dead-fall, there's lots of it there.

Welcome to the forum.

I moved down here to go to school in 1986 and haven't ever made it back to Montana other than a couple summers during college and vacations and hunting trips since then.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back