MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Vikings

noharleyyet

I've grown meh on pro football but Sam Bradford is dangerous when he has time to throw. Fun to watch that kind of precise athleticism.

I've grown meh on pro football but Sam Bradford is dangerous when he has time to throw. Fun to watch that kind of precise athleticism.

As a lifelong, and long suffering, Vikings fan I understand that it is just part of the sports-gods' plan to crush our dreams yet again. It's not enough to have us just simply suck like the Browns or Lions, we have to flirt with potential greatness every few years to make sure we really suffer when the inevitable fall comes. Take last year as one small example. It would have been simple enough to lose our starting QB in a non-contact injury a week before the season opener and go 2-14 -- no we had to go 5-0, get our hopes up and then go 3-8 and miss the playoffs.

But I can't help myself, so as my son and I enjoyed the game last night we began to ponder (pun intended) what the draw odds were for our seats when we play in the super bowl in our stadium this year :(

Had the same conversation with my wife during the game. The most accurate passer in the NFL. Hit him hard a couple of times and starts to flinch.

Last game, he was hit hard and kept coming. Last night, he was hit and did not flinch.

He has grown up.

Clearly, the Vikings are on a roll and will remain undefeated for the rest of the season. This is our year. And I will find a 350 bull elk. I just hope I don't miss any playoff games packing him out. THIS IS OUR YEAR! Skol.

6208600334545121730.jpg

Ben,

Hope you are right, but I leave you with a few thoughts . . We choke in S.B. IV, D.P. pushed off, B.B. fumbles, D.N. drops a pass, 41-donut, G.A. misses left, 12 men in the huddle & B.W. misses right . . . What will it be this year?

All of the above?
Look, the point is you cannot drive the optimism out of a die-hard Vikings fan. Or elk hunter. Evidence, schmevidence.

All of the above?
Look, the point is you cannot drive the optimism out of a die-hard Vikings fan. Or elk hunter. Evidence, schmevidence.

Yup - die-hard optimism tempered by well-earned fatalism -- at the core of all true Vikings fans.

I'm looking forward to the matchup at Heinz field on Sunday. That would be a huge win for Minnesota and a major confidence booster starting off the season. One thing is for sure, the Steelers pass rush is going to test that newly assembled offensive line relentlessly in their home opener. 24-20 Pittsburgh :cool:

Had the same conversation with my wife during the game. The most accurate passer in the NFL. Hit him hard a couple of times and starts to flinch.

Last game, he was hit hard and kept coming. Last night, he was hit and did not flinch.

He has grown up.

The most accurate Passer in the NFL? Pay REALLY close attention to Prescott. Four INT's last year. mtmuley

The most accurate Passer in the NFL? Pay REALLY close attention to Prescott. Four INT's last year. mtmuley

Well with NFL record of completion percentage last year and looking like he did last night most accurate in the league again this year is very much possible. Will our O-line hold up is the answer for that question.

As a lifelong, and long suffering, Vikings fan I understand that it is just part of the sports-gods' plan to crush our dreams yet again. It's not enough to have us just simply suck like the Browns or Lions, we have to flirt with potential greatness every few years to make sure we really suffer when the inevitable fall comes. Take last year as one small example. It would have been simple enough to lose our starting QB in a non-contact injury a week before the season opener and go 2-14 -- no we had to go 5-0, get our hopes up and then go 3-8 and miss the playoffs.

But I can't help myself, so as my son and I enjoyed the game last night we began to ponder (pun intended) what the draw odds were for our seats when we play in the super bowl in our stadium this year :(

This......as a life long (55) Vikings fan I have come to expect having my hopes crushed at some point in the season. I can dream until then though and they looked pretty darn good.

Like so many moments as a parent, I can handle my own suffering and disappointment, but it is especially tough to watch the dreams of my son evaporate every season -- but he too will eventually learn :)

All kidding aside, sharing this affliction with my son has/does create(d) many great memories (just like hunting and fishing has/does). I am blessed - super bowl or not.

Not a Vikings fan, but the sun has to shine one a ....... every once in a while. Millions of people are die hard Cubs fans as they flubbed each baseball season. But, they won the World Series in the end. Don't let him give up his dream just make sure he understands that some dreams take longer than others. Its likely that they will win one before Cushman's Eagles or my home state Lions...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back