Caribou Gear Tarp

Home come Howa's don't get more love?

All good points gentleman!! This is a good discussion!! If it works why change it, I agree, and glad to see that marketing hype isn't the only thing driving decisions.

John Cushman, I didn't mind your response but why did you have to mention a man bun???

Because I'm a D-bag that likes to grate people's nerves....? :hump: Now, take yours down if it upsets you so much and shoot your 6.5 credmore :cool:

Well I was drinking a pumkin spice latte and wearing skinny jeans while shooting it also.

All required to own a 6.5.

Don’t forget the conditioner for the beard and man bun, and the Vans shoes.

My Howa 1500 shoots sub MOA all day long, so why should I go and spend $1200 for a rifle that would do the same? Good price, good value, accuracy...what's not to like?

Warm beer and expensive gas?

Rumor has it the Great Pumpkin was spotted near Ashland Montana.

Luke the dog, you kind of made my point for me when you said "howas shoot surprisingly well". If Howas are in the same league as the rest of Randy's equipment then why would it be a surprise? Again that is all I am saying. I am sure they shoot fine, fire every time, have great customer service, priced well etc and people like them just fine, but they are NOT in the same league as the rest of the gear. Am I really one of the few that think this? I am not trying to bash Howa at all, I just think that this may be why Howas don't get more love. If they can get grouped in the same lump as the higher end factory rifles then that will probably solve their lack of marketing as people will know who they are.

No I didn't make your point, you missed mine. You ARE bashing them, but it's clear you don't understand what Howa is about or how their equipment performs, and you're just kind of trolling now. Go polish your expensive .375 and book your next hunt.

Last edited:
Rob,

Reference the stock flexing, your form and technique can greatly mitigate this. My Kimber has a pretty flexible stock and I’ve had no accuracy issues with it once I learned how to shoot it.

It’ll probably shoot even better when I grow my hair back out and tie it up to n a man bun.

Good points and maybe not the best analogy but you get my drift.

However, Randy is not left handed nor do Howa's have most of those features found on Savage. All's I am saying is that I find myself scratching my head when every other piece of gear is toward the top end (Sitka, Gerber, Kenetrek, Orion, Mystery Ranch etc) and then a Howa rifle is what they go with (to me the rifle just barely edges out what brand wool I use for importance to success). Just odd to me is all and like I said above I fully understand that they kill just as well as a high end custom rifle. And my Costco brand merino wool seems to do just fine for keeping me warm...

So, I am kind of on the opposite end of the OP and wondering "how come they use Howa relative to everything else they use?"

When did Gerber become high end? 🤔

I've been looking at lower price point rifles the last month hoping to find something I like with mild/moderate recoil I could set up for my wife and nephews. I found some great prices on the TC Compass, Ruger American and Mossberg Patriot, in the end I decided I wanted something more conventional and without a detachable mag so I ordered the Howa Gameking package in 6.5x55 from Bud's last night. I already have two Weatherby Vanguard (Howas) and thought it best to "keep it in the family" based on my familiarity with that action, plus the package was only $80-$90 more than the other guns ($450). I don't know what to expect from the Nicko-Sterling scope but have another one I can swap out if it really sucks. I'm really looking forward to reloading for a new caliber.

I had never heard of Howa until I stumbled upon Randy's YouTube channel. A while later (after watch EVERY episode he had up at that point), a young guy I knew sold me his for $250 because something was "wrong with it" and he wanted a different brand. The only thing wrong with it was that the scope was mounted incorrectly. Anyway, my Howa .308 has been an absolute delight to shoot. I hunted 3 whitetail here in Montana with it, and they dropped immediately. I never experienced that with my other rifles. I love my Howa.

Back