David Allen out as RMEF CEO

RaghornHS

I'm voting for Newberg as the new CEO!!! Who's with me?

In all honesty I'm a bit shocked and will be curious to see what happens next.

I like the Big Fin's present program; he's is affecting causes important to us in a significant way. I would not wish the stress and workload of RMEF CEO to be imposed on him, nor would I wish for it to detract from the importance of what he now represents.

I'm with you. I don't imagine Randy has any inclination to take on the task of being RMEF CEO. It's just an interesting idea because of the masses he has the ability to connect with.

I would be afraid that being RMEF CEO would require him to be a little politically minded and thus hurt the cause that he is constantly pushing. Right now there is isnt much that causes him to tread lightly.

I like the Big Fin's present program; he's is affecting causes important to us in a significant way. I would not wish the stress and workload of RMEF CEO to be imposed on him, nor would I wish for it to detract from the importance of what he now represents.
Stop being practical and sech ;). Hopefully, I won't miss D.A.

I think David Allen did some amazing things with the Elk Foundation. I talked to someone today who is close to what's going on and even he was surprised by the change, so who knows what inner working led to his ouster. Either way I'll hope that things continue in a positive direction because RMEF is (and has been) poised to be one of the most influential conservation groups in the country, and I think we all can support that!

I'm hopeful they can find someone with some science in their background

I'm curious why you feel that way?

Mainly based upon a podcast (can't remember what one, sorry) I listened to with him as the guest. To me he really came across as really not knowing much about elk or biology, but quite a bit about being a nascar and ad guy. I just didn't think it came across well for someone that is the leader of an elk org.

... so who knows what inner working led to his ouster...

I received a note that states that David's 10 year contract is simply up in 2018 and RMEF is starting the process of selecting a new CEO.

It does not seem that there is anything that is "kicking" David out from the wording of the letter at least.

Is Randy interested in being the CEO of RMEF.

I have zero interest in being the CEO of RMEF. David will be CEO for another 11 months. I am sure he will continue leading his staff to new records for mission, financial health, membership, etc as he has in the past years. What he does after that, who knows, but I am sure his track record at RMEF will have a lot of demand for his services.

I have another 16 months and I will be term limited in serving on the Board. Board limits are two terms of three years each. I will soon be done with my fifth year. I love RMEF and all the great staff and volunteers who make up the organization. But, when my term expires, I have a lot of things I want to do with that extra 12-18 hours of weekly volunteer time.

“We were nearly $10 million in debt (when he took over in 2007),” Allen said. “We have no debt today. We stopped acting like the government. We budgeted what we actually had, not what we thought we were going to have, which was a practice for a number of years.”

From March 2013

David Allen will lead the Missoula-headquartered Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation for another five years, after accepting a contract extension from the organization’s board of directors last week.

I have zero interest in being the CEO of RMEF. David will be CEO for another 11 months. I am sure he will continue leading his staff to new records for mission, financial health, membership, etc as he has in the past years. What he does after that, who knows, but I am sure his track record at RMEF will have a lot of demand for his services.

I have another 16 months and I will be term limited in serving on the Board. Board limits are two terms of three years each. I will soon be done with my fifth year. I love RMEF and all the great staff and volunteers who make up the organization. But, when my term expires, I have a lot of things I want to do with that extra 12-18 hours of weekly volunteer time.

Thanks for all you do, Randy and thanks for jumping in on the conversation as well! I hope your season is off to a great start!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back