MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good morning in SK

Sask hunter

Had to work for them but still managed to scratch out a 2 man limit of canadas with one being pretty cool

yxt4VpN.jpg

YN9pwWR.jpg

I'm curious if you took that bird around the quill lakes area as I believe there's a sub population of Canada geese in that area that routinely exhibit those markings? Congrats on the bird and take and keep sharing photos and stories throughout the season as I'll have to live vicariously through others another year but hope to get back to the land of living skies (best state/province nickname BTW) in the next few years with my kids once they get a bit older...thinking of skeins of white fronts, snows and Canadas coming to my set with an epic sask sunrise setting the horizon on fire.

Nice hunt!

I'm curious if you took that bird around the quill lakes area as I believe there's a sub population of Canada geese in that area that routinely exhibit those markings? Congrats on the bird and take and keep sharing photos and stories throughout the season as I'll have to live vicariously through others another year but hope to get back to the land of living skies (best state/province nickname BTW) in the next few years with my kids once they get a bit older...thinking of skeins of white fronts, snows and Canadas coming to my set with an epic sask sunrise setting the horizon on fire.

Pretty much every bird that has these white markings is referred to as a Quill Lakes bird. But the fact is these colorations have become increasingly common across North America with dark goose populations at all time highs across their range. Basically more geese breeding mean ma more chances for genetic mutation leading to weird coloration.

Im about 45 minutes from there. First I have seen like this and I have shot a lot of geese

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back