Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

So what's the end game?

rtraverdavis

I was listening to the most recent podcast with Ryan Callaghan and Kit Fischer (which was great BTW) and something was brought up that I've wondered about for a while:

What's the end game or long-term desired result of the Utah Delegation w/ SFW and BGF in trying to block other western states' management plans for wolves or sage grouse or anything else? What are they looking to accomplish? Is it to tie up critical management needs so badly that people get frustrated enough for PLT to sound good? Is it that they fear that once a habitat conservation model is set up and becomes successful in another state that they will have to follow that same model, which might get in the way of industry?

What am I missing? Attempting to block other states' carefully thought out management plans (which could lead to ESA listing for sage grouse, and which would have kept wolves listed) doesn't make any sense on the surface. Anyone have insight on what the underlying motives are?

Good question; one I seem to be asking myself quite often. Years of fighting the policy pollution they export has me thinking there is no end game, rather they want to keep the clock running forever. When the game ends, the cash dries up. Keep the game going and the cash keeps flowing.

For those of us that are coming new to the western hunting scene, is there a good primer on the "who's who" of all these acronym-loving public interest groups? A cheat sheet on who they are and what their agendas are would be helpful. Without knowing their various starting positions/biases it makes it hard to assess/filter/critique their various communications, as critical reading requires such context.

Good question; one I seem to be asking myself quite often. Years of fighting the policy pollution they export has me thinking there is no end game, rather they want to keep the clock running forever. When the game ends, the cash dries up. Keep the game going and the cash keeps flowing.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense I guess, if they have no ethics or real love of wildlife and wild places. Frustrating as hell though to be making a buck off of screwing things up for the very things they claim to represent. I just don't understand how some folks sleep at night.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back