Odd birds from last season

Ryan2782

Big game season is here, excited for it, but even for excited for a few months away and northerns flying down... Here's a few odd ones from last season
1.JPG2.jpg3.jpg4.JPG

Pretty cool birds! In 2013 I shot a wood duck which isn't supposed to be a bird around here. In 2014 I shot a white gadwall

There's a lot of cool birds out there and I never seem to get any. I'm hoping last year didn't take all my luck for the up coming season.

I didn't get anything hybridzed or off color last year. Not that I need to add another bird to the taxidermy pile. Too many of those already.

I didn't get anything hybridzed or off color last year. Not that I need to add another bird to the taxidermy pile. Too many of those already.

Pretty funny considering these are in my freezer still for the debate of taxidermy still...

image.jpeg

White on this drake mallards curly's.

Been seeing a lot of odd looking birds the past few seasons being posted on forums. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Frosted tip tail feathers are cool! I've never heard of that one before! I definitely appreciate the pictures and enjoy seeing the odd ones out in nature

That is a beautiful bird. I always see cinnamon teal during breeding season but never during hunting season. We get a lot of blue and green wings early though.

We have plenty of Cinnamons and GW. Blue Wings were very rare but every year it seems there are more and more of them. Quite a few trifectas taken and last season I put a couple of guys on Cinnamon/BW hybrids.

20200104_132946.jpg20200112_124159.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back