Eastman's article on selling GPS coordinates

So you don't think it's fair chase too scout for a hunt? That's all Moss did was Scout for the guy and kept tabs on a particular elk........ So all of us that spend every weekend in the Mountains scouting and locating particular animals we are not fair chase hunters??????
Matt

Wow, that is really a stretch from anything that is being discussed here. How you can compare scouting for yourself to doing zero scouting and hiring a posse to lead you to the exact location of a particular animal is beyond me! The bill in question is about SELLING the exact location of an animal to someone so they do not have to scout. My only reason to comment is that is seems ridiculous to create a bill that would still allow the majority of people who partake in "bounty hunting" to continue to do it. Seems really hypocritical to identify it as an issue that makes hunters look bad then go ahead and say it's OK if your a guide. That was my point. To me if a particular type of activity is unethical then it's unethical across the board.

My only reason to comment is that is seems ridiculous to create a bill that would still allow the majority of people who partake in "bounty hunting" to continue to do it. Seems really hypocritical to identify it as an issue that makes hunters look bad then go ahead and say it's OK if your a guide. That was my point. To me if a particular type of activity is unethical then it's unethical across the board.

Gotcha, I was not commenting on the bill as I do not agree or disagree with the bill. Its tuff to know the context of the discussion over the internet. I was merily agreeing with what Mdunc8 said in his post.
Matt

Someone asked what's the difference between buying coordinates and hiring a guide. The guide has to have some sort of authorization to be there from the government. The coordinate seller doesn't. So, if they are the same, the difference is one is unlicensed.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back