My Bodie. still miss him!

Don Fischer

I9aQCZC.jpg

Very stylish point!! I'm already lamenting the day I miss my dog and he's still young and not really a "brag dog"...

Wonderful picture! Some of my favorite memories growing up was watching my grandpa smile ear to ear every time our GSP would lock up on birds. Grandpa is now too blind to go hunting and our beloved GSP passed, I still go frequently but without a dog. Within the next few years we are going to pull the trigger on another bird dog, would've happen this year but work is transferring me (to much better bird country) as well as a new arrival of a kiddo.

Wonderful picture! Some of my favorite memories growing up was watching my grandpa smile ear to ear every time our GSP would lock up on birds. Grandpa is now too blind to go hunting and our beloved GSP passed, I still go frequently but without a dog. Within the next few years we are going to pull the trigger on another bird dog, would've happen this year but work is transferring me (to much better bird country) as well as a new arrival of a kiddo.

I remember the early years of bird hunting. Sometime I'd have a dog and sometimes not but bought my own first hunting dog, Springer Spaniel and realized before long that bird hunting was not about shooting birds, that was a by product! It was abut watching dog's do what they do. If I had no dog these day's I'd give up bird hunting all together. Even as I get older and maybe can't hunt physically, I'll still have a bird dog!

With luck, I'll be out hunting with my grandson and one of my dog's will hit a point so hard and so beautiful I'll have a heart attack and die right there!

What could be better?

J4brGin.jpg

ISZPWyX.jpg

gO0mp1g.jpg

63XuRxy.jpg

Completely agree that the dogs make the hunt, I bird hunt several states a year and it hasn't been the same without a dog, still fun, but not the same. I've always wanted to do a southern plantation hunt and finally did so a few years ago, hunting behind dogs that are trained pretty well all year was an absolute treat. Something about a dog that's on full tilt and comes to a point mid stride and slides to a stop is something I'll never forget. Keep the pictures rolling and I might buy a pup sooner rather than later!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back