Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

John Gierach Trout Bum

mgorm16640

If you ever need the motivation to get out and fish this book will do it. I read it from cover to cover in a weekend with a particularily long layover in Salt Lake City. Even if you are not into fly fishing, stil worth the read. I am working on some of his other books now, but so far this one seems like the best one.

Try his recent book, A Fly Rod of Your Own. One of the best light-hearted humor books I've ever read.

I got hooked on Gierach working in the shop in college. After lucking into a Colorado client project a year and change after graduation, I basically used his books like a guidebook. I still re-read all of his books on a yearly basis.

Another good start after Trout Bum would be his anthology - Death, Taxes and Leaky Waders. It's Selected stories from his first 6 books (including Trout Bum). But if you like him, you'll probably want to get all of the books anyway.

John is a great writer. I've read and re-read most of his work many times. I ran into him once in a fly shop in Fort Collins many years ago. Neat guy.

Yeah...I don't know if John can write a bad book. I've read just about everything he's written. All good to just lay on the bank and take a break on a summer afternoon and let the water sing by.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back