Nikon Monarch 7 vs Viper HD vs Leupold BX-4

brandonapps

Hey guys looking at getting a new pair of 8x42s this year for hunting. I have been looking into these 3 and I have looked at the viper and monarch in person and wanted to get some feedback on your personal reviews. Nice thing about the monarch was the bigger field of view than the viper but overall structure I liked the viper better and my past vortex have always done me good and I love the warranty. Nikon on the other hand I have mixed feelings for but the Monarch 7 seems to be a nice pair of binoculars and warranty is ok and field of view is great. Never looked at the BX-4 but I hear they are comparable. Any opinions/reviews?

I have three pair of Monarch 7's. 2 in 8x42 & 1 in 10x42. Love them. I also have a pair of Monarch 5's in 10x42 ( backups ). As for Vortex I have 4 of their scopes 3 Vipers and 1 Razor. Now, I have had 2 pair of Viper binocs about 6 months ago. Sent them back to Optics Planet. Both had focus knob problems. They both had sticking points when you focused them. As for the glass in them, excellent!! But I still think the Nikon Monarch 7's are superior here for the money. Never even have had Leopold binocs in my hands. Best of luck with your choice....

I have the Monarch 7 in a 10x42. I was able to compare side by side with a Vortex Viper or Diamondback not to long ago as a hunting buddy has them. They were the same clarity until you adjust the right eye piece on the Vortex which brings it in cleaner.

My wife has a pair of Monarch 7 10x42...they are very nice binoculars. I have a pair of Leupold BX-3 Pro Guide HD in 12x50 which I think are brighter and clearer (but they are not as easy to hold steady.). I have looked through a few pairs of the 10X42 vipers, they are nice but I wouldn't pick them over either of the others IMO

I have an older pair of Monarchs and while there is better glass out there mine have served me well. I will upgrade next year but will hand down the Monarchs to my sons.

You might also look at the Zeiss Terrain ED in 8x42. They are excellent in this price range, and were recently cosmetically restyled. You can get the discontinued ones at a good buy.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back