MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Pups first hunt

Ttannahill14

Was able to get Tahoe out on a solo hunt on opening morning Friday. Sat over a pasture pond for about an hour and killed 5. The dog did great for his first hunt... didn't break on any shots... didn't seem to love the dove feathers falling out in his mouth but that's pretty normal from what I understand. I tried to keep it as fun and up beat as possible and not be too picky as he's just shy of 5 months.

Saturdya morning my brother in law took him out and same thing he did a good job... my brother in law cleaned the doves and threw behind the barn... we later had Tahoe puking up doves as he had gotten into cleaned birds. Thankfully he puked them up and a lesson learned on all parties... can't throw dead animals behind the barn anymore!

Saturday night I had to go to my other job... got to be the color analyst on ESPN3 for the KSU vs Central Ark game... my cats won!

Headed to Ohio next Saturday to call another game... hopefully I'll be able to get a few more dove hunts in before then and before deer season opens.

Tahoe1.jpg

Broadcast1.jpg

That dog looks like he's ready for more. What game you calling in Ohio? KSU is one of the nicest campuses I've seen

All the above is awesome, glad to see pretty much everyone in the Big 12 stepped up besides Texas, they laid an egg. Hell KU even won and it isn't even basketball season yet! Everyone I've talked to back home in Kansas is laying into them in the afternoon over water. Good luck with game and hope you get a few birds to make a meal! I think I'm single handedly keeping Federal Ammunition in business this year...

Very nice!! Glad to the dog did so well. I really need to step up my obedience game with Hank as there's no way he'd sit there like that.

PS- Sweet side gig!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back