ER Visit and Frustration

Thanks again for the support ya'll. I called and scheduled my stress test for Friday. After talking with my wife, it looks like I am going to push the hunt back a week so the whole family can go. That is IF the doctors give me the all clear. If not, I wonder how healthy tag soup is???

Check the regs as I believe due to medical issues you get your money back and/or a new tag next year. I had an issue last year right before deer season and called and forget what they told me, but I would not have to eat tag soup...well unless the next year I still would not have been able to go.

Well, good news and bad news. Good news is, after the stress test, it doesn't appear that I have any blockages that caused my chest pain. The bad news is I do have some long term damage to my heart from apparent high blood pressure for an extended time. So, after much deliberation, I decided to cancel my Wyoming trip for this year. I need to get my blood pressure under control and loose more weight so as not to worry my poor wife.

Just curious, what is your line of work?

Hope you get your BP under control. My dad has high stress and high BP and it really affects him at higher altitudes.

Just curious, what is your line of work?

Hope you get your BP under control. My dad has high stress and high BP and it really affects him at higher altitudes.

I am a State Probation Officer. It is a very stressful job. I am always on the lookout for something less stressful and hope to find another job soon.

I have to admit I was pretty bummed out over canceling my Wyoming trip but, I realize now it is probably best. I think I let my ambitions get too high and actually ended up causing myself some stress over the hunt. Mainly, I was stressing because I knew my wife would be worried the whole time I was gone. So, future hunts will just have to work around the family schedule so we all can go.

I am taking the money I was planning to spend on the hunt and using it for a family camping vacation to Stone Mountain, Georgia for the kid's fall break. Also, my son has been bugging me for over a year to shoot an exotic ram. We are going to do that on Veteran's Day weekend in November.

I think next year, we are going to try for a deer tag in New Mexico. My wife wants us to pull the camper and go to White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns.

Glad to hear you are doing OK. My best advice would be to get a DeLorme InReach device for any future hunts. We all often say it's for the wife's sake, so she doesn't worry, but truth is it really helps to ease my stress and concerns when I am in the mountains to be able to text her at any time and check in to see that the family is all OK. Money well spent in my opinion. Enjoy your family trips!!

You are working in the right direction. I was in the midst of the IDES( med board) process for the Army 2 years ago and had to miss the entire big game season to get that all straightened out. Then last year I only got 3 days of hunting due to being in the civilian position a short time. It was rough, especially since the year I missed my hunting tagged out on the first day and said the animals were "everywhere", but it got me to a better place. This year I am taking a full 11 days in the backcountry and then 5 for an RFW hunt with the Hunting Princess in DEC. Making the plans and working toward them help a bunch. Work for that better health and then enjoy the results!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back