Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossbows OUCH!

Glad to hear the trip went well. I think your observations are spot on with what I've found. Most importantly I'm glad you're getting a second opinion. It may be the same outcome but it never hurts to double check on serious things such as a joint replacement. Good luck on the next segment of your elk hunt
    Self proclaimed Founder, President, and Spiritual Leader of the I.S.V.F......Introduce Speedgoats to Virginia Foundation

Here's my update. I thought long and hard about the xbow and decided I didn't want to deal with the flak i'd get from other hunters. I have a short fuse and i'm way too old to get in a fight now.

So, i'll stick to the old Hawken, PRB, and real black powder. Old school enough for me. With my crap vision I have to get within 25-30yds. So, now it's me who can rag on the inline guys taking 200yd shots. Not that i do, but the option is there.
    You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by ElkStalker View Post
    So, i'll stick to the old Hawken, PRB, and real black powder. Old school enough for me.
    Sounds like a plan! Watch Randy's "Fear the Beard" antelope hunt...

i've never had anything personally against crossbows, to each his own, i own a Stryker 350, which for the most part is a high maintenance piece, so i've been sticking to my my compound for the last few seasons. the positive side of a crossbow is it gives people more opportunities to hunt, where either through age, past injuries, physical abilities or a different season. when used properly they do well with being able to make an ethical kill. if one is inclined to invest in a crossbow, be prepared to lay out some serious cash and definitely invest in either a Excalibur or a Tenpoint. since crossbows have been made legal to hunt with here in NJ, those 2 brands i've just mentioned rarely if ever have any issues, i've talked to many archery pro shop personnel and all have told me the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123