Caribou Gear Tarp

A missed opportunity, darn it!

ovis2

I got an interesting call on Wednesday while walking into my office. A nice lady from the Montana FWP called to let me know I was the first alternate on a returned 361 mountain goat tag and it was mine if I wanted it! A few minutes of "yeah, right", then euphoria, then realization... As a college prof. and a father, my falls are pretty tight and require some advanced scheduling.

The disappointing wave of an already over-filled calendar of professional and personal responsibilities, made me realize I should let somebody who could really devote the required time to such a remarkable opportunity have the tag. So, whomever was #3 on the list, I hope you have a great hunt and a grand adventure!

Dang!! That would be a tough answer to have to give.

PS- I did my graduate work at USU.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago with a bighorn tag in CO. I had not done any scouting or planning and knew I would regret going in half-a$$ed. You made the right choice.

Man there is no way I would have turned that down. I would have made it happen could be the tag you will never see again from MT. I understand though everyone has different commitments to deal with.

I hope to see a post from you next year titled: A favor returned. That's a tough one man

Back