Yeti GOBOX Collection

Southwest Desert Utah

Sturtybird

Hey new on here and new to hunting. Had my first hunt last year. I hunted spike elk last year on a otc spike tag and my dad and i are doing it again this year in the southwest desert unit 20. I have been doing a lot of research on elk and the unit and last year I came on elk unfortunately it wasn't spikes. This will be the first time my dad has hunted elk and our first time hunting together. I was wondering if some people had any info on different areas within the unit that i might have overlooked or could swap some info. I hope to hunt the area for bull elk eventually it will be a while before i draw a tag for it ( i think 17 years is average.) Any help is useful even if it is a check out this general area or that area. I used to work in a wilderness program so i have extensive knowledge of one particular area in the unit. I just think because know that area I may be overlooking a different more abundant area.

Thanks

Look towards the wilderness area on the Nevada border. Watch out for all of those dang feral horses good luck and enjoy the unique bulls that reside in that area

Thanks I have been out scouting in that area and found some bulls. Looks like they haven't herded up yet. No spike as of yet.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back