NRA Hunter Advocate Videos

COEngineer

I only watched a few of these and was a little disappointed about how adversarial they are. I guess that's the NRA's bread-n-butter.

https://www.nratv.com/series/trust-the-hunter-in-your-blood

I prefer Meateater's direct, positive, honest discussions of hunting. I don't think we need to create more enmity between hunters and the majority, disinterested non-hunters. The anti-hunters probably won't come around to our way of thinking (although there are a few great examples of that happening) but there are a lot more people that just don't care either way. So why build up the antagonism?

I'm still an NRA member because there are things more important than hunting, but that doesn't mean I like the current approach taken to gun rights, and now hunting.

Enter some HuntTalker who claims the NRA stays out of public lands issues because, "Their focus is the 2nd!!!!". Strange video series given that oft repeated premise.

From Randy Newberg, to Steve Rinella, to basically anyone in the know, all have recognized that contemporary threats to our public lands are the greatest threat to hunting we face today.

With this slick video series, the "NRA Hunting begins the mission to save the great human tradition of hunting from the brink of extinction." And from what I can tell, they plan to do it without saying a word about threats to public lands. I wonder why?

:rolleyes: $$$

The few of these videos I watched do nothing but preach to the choir and stroke the ego with one liners. All while showing purty drone videos, much of which feature landscapes that look the way they do because of their administrative status of being Public Lands.

I also just read that the NRA has a new President, former CEO of a gun company (Brownell). Maybe he will bring a less toxic perspective back to the NRA.

Enter some HuntTalker who claims the NRA stays out of public lands issues because, "Their focus is the 2nd!!!!". Strange video series given that oft repeated premise.

From Randy Newberg, to Steve Rinella, to basically anyone in the know, all have recognized that contemporary threats to our public lands are the greatest threat to hunting we face today.

With this slick video series, the "NRA Hunting begins the mission to save the great human tradition of hunting from the brink of extinction." And from what I can tell, they plan to do it without saying a word about threats to public lands. I wonder why?

:rolleyes: $$$

The few of these videos I watched do nothing but preach to the choir and stroke the ego with one liners. All while showing purty drone videos, much of which feature landscapes that look the way they do because of their administrative status of being Public Lands.

Choir preaching perspective all depends on which side of the pulpit you sit on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back