Grizzly Lawsuits - Litigators Full Employment Initiative

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Not that anyone is surprised. Surely does nothing to endear me to the Federal statutes that allow for continual litigation, often times for profit when these same litigators are involved. Even more troublesome is that there are actually some good uses of these laws, but when reform comes, and it is likely to come in the next few years, the baby is probably going out with the bath water.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cle_15dafdd2-e12b-5680-98f7-9d4e622d76a9.html

WildEarth Guardians is teamed up with the Western Environmental Law Center for one lawsuit. In another, the environmental law firm Earth Justice is representing the Sierra Club, National Parks Conservation Association, Center for Biological Diversity and the Northern Cheyenne Tribe. The Humane Society of the United States has also filed a suit, and the Alliance for the Wild Rockies plans to sue next week.

As someone who has spent many years working daily on ESA issues, I'm more worried about the future of the Act than anything thanks to these lawsuits.

5 MORE years of solid work by the USFWS should be celebrated and embraced. Not litigated.

"Delisting opponents don’t trust the states to manage the animals sustainably".

Where are these same groups stance on the land that the grizzlies live on? If they argue that the state is not trustworthy enough to manage wildlife, seems that would be quite counter productive to the folks pushing for land transfer.

"Delisting opponents don’t trust the states to manage the animals sustainably".

Where are these same groups stance on the land that the grizzlies live on? If they argue that the state is not trustworthy enough to manage wildlife, seems that would be quite counter productive to the folks pushing for land transfer.

Because they don't actually believe that. They would say the exact opposite if it was beneficial to their cause.

Sierra Club using words like "I feel.." instead of "The empirical evidence says..." will hopefully get these suits dismissed quickly.

I am optimistic of the outcomes of these suits. I've followed and talked with IGBA guys for the past several years. They "feel" that they have their ducks in a row, having learned from the wolf saga a decade ago.

IF the EAJA was reworked and these type of suits from these type of serial litigators no longer fell under it's reimbursement statutes, does anyone think it would seriously reduce not only these type of litigation's, but the number of them as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back