SD Antelope Doe 53B Perkins County

NDMuley

Has anyone ever hunted this unit? Was thinking about trying to get a tag here and wondering about the unit. Public land availability or if land owners are open to allowing people to hunt. Also if anyone is interested in doing this hunt together. Thanks for your input.

Just remember if those tags are leftover at the 3rd draw they are either oversold or hard to get at the animals. Personally I'd save my money for buying a $80 doe tag if you're a nr and go shoot two in Wyoming if there is any left. But speaking for SD antelope I'd give 49 A or B a shot before 53b. More ground that's public in both of those.

Last edited:
I've got that tag this year(I'm a resident). I've never pronghorn hunted there before but I'm up there every year deer hunting. 49A and 49B are great units, tons of pronghorn/tags available but there are also tons of people. What made me move to 53B is there is less hunting pressure. The land owners I've talked to aren't very open to you hunting there land. I've going scouting on the 16th, I can come back to this thread and let you know how it goes. I've seen good looking bucks come out of the limited public land in 53B when I was bow hunting early season. If you ever draw a tag up there hit me up! I'm always looking for new hunting partners.

Did not apply this year. Need to do some research before putting in. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back