MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2017 WY Antelope

JLDemo

Finally, I finally drew a type 1 license in Wyo. after applying to the more sought after units and striking out for several years. Last year I decided to swap tactics and go for an "easier" unit to apply in to try an get a type 1 before my time is up in Wyo. Last season I applied in a unit that has had a historically high odds for residents with high hopes, well as luck would have it, I was one of the very few unlucky individuals that didn't draw a damn tag. Luck changed this year though, I ended up drawing two tags in Wyo, type 1 & 6 and within a month of the draw results, I found out my time in Wyo is up as work is sending me to Montana next summer. With my oldest being three and very interested in tagging along with me, we've started scouting and half-ass archery hunting. We've been out a few times during archery season and the closest we've came is about 80 yards before the antelope and myself hear the magic words at about 80 decibels "DAD! I SEE THEM!!!" I laugh and shrugged it off as that hunt just became a scouting trip for rifle season. I'll keep everyone posted as I try to tag my first antelope buck, good luck to everyone this season!
G-Man.jpg
I know I already posted this picture in another thread, but this is my three year old son glassing some walk-in's.
dog.jpg
Our chocolate lab Scout is at the end of the drive laying in protest, this was her spot until I opened the truck and gave her the invite to Antelope camp.
rim.jpg
The first Griswold moment of this years hunting season, with many more sure to happen. So the unit we drew has a lake on it we camp at and during hunting breaks, we'll wakeboard, ski and wet a few lines, so the boat comes with us as my wife hauls it back and forth. This was a flat tire and not realizing it until after a few miles were driven on the rim. Yep, first weekend and it already cost me a tire and rim!
buck.jpg
Finally saw a good buck, we saw quite a few smaller ones and a ton of does so it is looking promising.

Good luck! Look forward to following. It's great you take your son along. Memories you will never forget!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back