Caribou Gear

Montana Lion Taxidermist

bigsky2

Can anyone recommend a good mountain lion taxidermist in Montana? Doesn't really matter what part of the state, I would be willing to drive for good work.

I used Bodie Schneider in Helena for my lion and was very pleased.

Monarch Taxidermy in Helena. They are doing my Lion. Not the cheapest around but their work is exceptional.

How is Phil Soucy not mentioned here? jeepers, they don't call him the "Cat Man" for nothing.

I've definitely heard his name mentioned with near reverence. All the pics of his work that I've seen have been impressive.

Mike Ballard!!! Rugged Edge Taxidermy in Kalispell. He is a houndsman so he knows what a cat is supposed to look like. Tell him Travis Walker sent you

Thanks for the recommendations. It seems like cat mounts are the most commonly butchered mounts I see. I have looked up all the mentioned names and looked at pictures on their websites. If anyone has cat mounts by any of these guys could you send pictures to me or post them on here? Feel free to shoot me a PM.

A few from Dennis Purcell. I'm not very good at attaching images so I hope they aren't upside down....

341.jpg

This one is from a competition. If you look at the rock you can pick out a few hounds chasing the top cat.

IMG_5676.jpg

This one is on a friends fire place. Not a great picture but I've been told the cat isn't attached to the base in any way.

Last edited:
My good friend had one of life-sized by habitat bird works or whatever they are called in Missoula, and it looks awesome

Phil Soucy (and wife Barb) in Libby is recognized as one of the best cat taxidermists in the country. I don't think he does any advertising, all word of mouth and he is BUSY! On the safari sites he is the #1 recommended guy for leopard and lion.

http://philipsoucy.com/awards.tpl

I don't know anything about the subject at hand, but I was impressed by the confidence and expertise self implied by the following from Phil Soucy's webpage:

"If turn around time and price are your top priorities, then we are probably not for you. However, if having the finest taxidermy money can buy is important, you should give us a call. We mount more cougars than anyone else. The difference is clear."

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back