Brake upgrade. Any suggestions welcome.

Bukwild3

I have a 2013 Tundra. I pull a camper regularly and want to maybe do an upgrade. Any advise on pads, slotted rotors or kits?

I assume you mean you pull a trailer? Having good, properly adjusted trailer brakes and a properly adjusted brake controller makes it unnecessary to change the brakes on your pick-up.
You should be able to almost lock up the brakes on your trailer when fully loaded if everything is adjusted properly.

I assume you mean you pull a trailer? Having good, properly adjusted trailer brakes and a properly adjusted brake controller makes it unnecessary to change the brakes on your pick-up.
You should be able to almost lock up the brakes on your trailer when fully loaded if everything is adjusted properly.
This

I too agree with the above. Slotted rotors are for race cars, not longevity. They also have a real tendency to be noisy.

Powerstop Z36 kit is what I'll be switching to. Lots of positive reviews on the RV forums and the 4x4 forums I follow.

It sure would be magical if brakes on a trailer somehow did all the work. Towing and hauling will increase brake wear even with the best controllers. Any transfer of weight to the truck will increase the load the truck brakes must carry. Tongue/pin weight included.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back