Bino harness for geovids

ol_spark

I have a pair of Leica 10x42 geovids old style that are currently being cleaned and tested because I liked the idea of carrying them unprotected with exception of lens covers. On my last trip they got extremely dusty and thus the need for cleaning service. Anyhow not wanting to go through that again I'm looking for someone that has a pair of these or similar and has found an acceptable covered harness to use with them. Any suggestions?

I was in the same boat same you and ended up getting the kuiu large bino harness. While it is a great piece of kit it is too small for the geovids. I liked just having the lens covers but they seem to break a lot and cost $US100 for a pair in New Zealand! And take weeks to arrive.

I have the same binos and have been very happy with the marsupial harness, simple and streamline.

It looks like the geovids need the medium size and are currently out of stock. Looking at other vendors now.

I have the newer Geovid HD-B 10x42 binos that are pretty bulky. I have a Kuiu harness I like when I won't be using them on a tripod. It's the least bulky option I have found. If I'm going to be using them on a tripod I prefer to carry them in an XL FHF harness so I don't have to unbuckle the harness every time I put them on the tripod mount. That harness also fits my Swaro 15x so it can pull double duty.

i was looking for an fhf harness and had a want to buy add on another site. a member there suggested an outdoor vision ridgetop bino harness. i looked them over for a while and decided to go ahead with it. i got it a couple weeks ago and have played around with it a little bit. so far i really like it. just something else to consider, i'd never heard of them until it was suggested to me. i bought the regular size which fits my swaro 10x42 slc's great. they do offer a bigger size too, not exactly sure how the geovids compare to slc's size wise.

Not to sound stupid but you would think for $100 these things would be made of waterproof material not requiring another add on piece. Anyone know of a waterproof one. I may be overthinking this as there are numerous choices and it's really a matter of personal preference. Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

Just an update, I'm going to try the harness from S4 gear for my upcoming moose hunt. I borrowed one of my wife's shower caps for rainy or dusty situations. We'll have to wait and see how long it lasts but I believe for my style of hunting this will work. Thanks everyone for the tips.

BinoBro Pro Hunter by Oregon Packworks. Fabric is waterproof, quiet, and it opens the correct way which is away from your chest.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back