Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

.54 cal

I also have found it seems to be harder to find supplies and tools for my .54. Most of my shopping is also in the Boise area, but I see fewer options for .54 online too.

Unfortunately it is every where. The .50 in line craze has lead to the demise of the .54. I keep hoping someone will blow new life into it but my hopes are dwindling.

I live in NYS and finding 54 cal stuff was always a problem! For every 25 boxes of 50 cal bullets, you might find one in 54. I finally gave up and bought a 50. Sold off my TC Firehawk in 54. Now have a TC Triumph in 50 and a newer Vortek Strikefire, also in 50.

there is less .54 stuff around,,but not really a issue here,,,conicals ,balls and related all at bi mart here in ore..Mid south shooters sup has about anything else you need.I do not care for the .50 cals myself.

Get a 10# Lee lead pot and a round ball or conical mold and cast your own. Much cheaper and what the originals used. There problem solved, your welcome ;)
Dan

Have to agree with everyone else, kinda hard to find at the local sporting good store. It's there online, you just need to look for it. On the other hand you can "make your own" with not much more than a mold. I do it, and it's a lot of fun and rewarding. If you have any questions fire away, someone here will be able to help. Good hunting.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back