MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Truck Topper add-ons

You will wonder why you didn't get one sooner after your first trip. Especially when Mother Nature throws stuff your way. It's a big expense but they are nice to have. I've never heard anyone one day in a snowstorm I wish I didn't have this topper! Good luck and send us a pic when you get it!

I bought one used on Facebook..
I wish it had the cross bars on top and more lighting built into it. I really like the carepeted linning.

I won't have a truck without a shell but I also won't have a truck with a shell without a place to take it off and store it. That's the number one consideration.

My features: carpet, win-door (passenger side) and Yakima bars (DIY). It also has the flip down front window but I don't see what the big deal is cleaning the windows. Just take the shell off or squirt some water in there?! I got it used so I didn't have a choice but I wouldn't pay for that particular feature.

If you take it on and off buy an aluminum topper, you do it by yourself. I've had Radco, pretty light

After having mostly weatherproof, lockable storage on my current "faux" truck, I can't see myself doing without it. My next one will have a topper like being discussed and I too appreciate all the suggestions. That said, one thing I will be considering is just going with an over topper ladder rack vs. the Yakima style.

I forgot to mention: I've had cab-height and mid-height. I'll never have a cab-height again in a small truck and probably never in a full-size. The 3-4" difference is night and day.

Mine is something like this:
Nissan-Frontier-MX-Series-Silver-Truck-Topper-1200x900.jpg

Cab-hi never again, but is what came on my truck. I used to unbolt and slide the canopy back so I could wash the damn windows between truck/canopy. Wall what do you know, the canopy came with a front window that DOES open. I would like to get racks, but have been looking at the low profile ladder racks instead. Decision time it is.

I've had three Lear shells, The best option in my opinion is a removable front window. I think it's a $100 option. When the windows get dirty you just crawl inside and two latches remove the window for cleaning!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back