Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Tag Refunds

Bowhuntrben

I am trying to figure out how I will apply for tags in Colorado next year. I was thinking about applying for a preference point for first choice and picking a tag I would likely draw as second choice. I am also thinking about applying in New Mexico. If I draw a New Mexico tag, I would want to return the Colorado tag since I won't be able to do two trips. My question is this, if I return the Colorado tag, would I be able to gain my preference point AND get a full refund (minus processing fee)? The big game brochure mentions you can only keep your points OR get the refund but seems to be geared more towards people returning tags they got as their first choice and doesn't specifically say anything about second choice or OTC tags obtained without actually using preference points.

You will retain your point gained and a refund for any returned tags drawn as 2nd or later choice. I had the same question a few years ago and gave them a call. Just remember there is now a fee ($25 I think) and you must return them 30 days before the season starts.

Back