Buck habit question

I finally found the buck I was after. I saw him in the summer and I saw him again on Friday night. I'm guessing he is close to a 180 inch 4 x 5. When I saw him on Friday it was very late and I decided not to rush it in hopes he would be there the next day. However, I have not been able to find him for 2 days now. I believe he is right in the same area perhaps a half mile circle. What do you guys think? I have also been wondering if some bucks have some type of rotation where they follow their route and only appear in the same spot every 3 or 4 days. What do you guys think about that? I'm hunting northern Utah Archery. I don't think the Bucks move far at all but he could be on some rotation

If there is a way to pattern a buck during the rut, I've never found it. And no one I know has ever found it. Good luck buddy!

There is no mule deer rut going on in August.
Perhaps someone else has also seen this buck and has pushed it out of the area.

I have followed ,watched, bedded,scouted a buck for a year or two,only to have them dissappear when I had a tag....several times. LOL

I hope you have that deer tagged by now. If not, I can tell you that a buck like that probably has a pattern and it could be longer than three or four days to return to it. Not sure what part of northern Utah you're hunting (my spot had more hunters opening day than the past five years combined) and even with pressure, my experience with mule deer is they pattern even though it can take more than a week to put them back on schedule.

And Hank is correct, as usual. Nevertheless, think you have about ten days left to hunt and if that 180 isn't in the deep freeze yet, I'll send positive thoughts for 30 yards broadside with no obstruction.

Back