Looking for Colorado 3rd rifle season elk hunting partner

RadScorpius

Howdy all,

So I bit of background, I'm new to hunting, I had planned to go hunting the first time with my buddy from college this year's elk season. But he got engaged, and when I recently hit him up after getting my elk tag he said he can't go anymore. So I'm just wonder to see if there are anyone more experienced who will come with me and maybe teach me some tricks. Or if there are any groups that go, always nice to make some friends.

This maps shows the land unit my tag is valid for:
http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Maps/OTCRifleElk.pdf

Thanks!

What unit are you hunting.. my wife is beside herself that I might go to Colorado by myself.. then wind up kicking the bucket or eaten by a bear. I am open to meeting someone in a group, pairing up, etc.. as I really want to go this year and been making plans, but she put her foot down when I asked if I could take my son out of school again for the week.

Roger

I'm going 3rd season this year. Looking for someone or a few to hunt with this year and hopefully years to come. I'm from Indiana. I went 2nd season last year.

I'll be there for the 3rd rifle and staying for the 4th rifle to hunt with my son who lives near Denver. At this point I will be hunting the 3rd by myself.

If anyone wants to meet up pm me and I'll give you my #.

Hey y’all. Just got back from scouting GMU 17. I also have a 3rd rifle otc tag. I think I have a few good spots pegged but I need to get boots on the ground more before the tag dates to see how it’s going to shape up. I’m open to meet up with any of y’all. I still have to tweak my rifle so if any of y’all are local to CO I’m up for a scouting or gun range trip. Let me know.

Last edited:
Bump on this thread, I kinda forgot about it, but refreshed my interest since the date is close.

Back