Lanai Mouflon Sheep Hunt

I'll take that moose hunt off your hands.Just consider it wealth sharing or the liberal way

See now that's a terrible idea and is totally against my conservative views. I didn't say I wasn't excited just more excited about my DIY. Hahaha ;)

There definitely were no shortages of sheep. There should be plenty left when your weekend comes around in October.

That sounds great. Now I am terrible at judging one of these sheep for lack of experience. Do you have any pointers that may help a guy out. I'm not certain but just guessing is your sheep in the upper 20's and what do you think that that ram in the pic with the deformed ram would measure?

This is a dream hunt for me, thanks for sharing! The muzzleloader hunt is Oct like the archery?

After muzzy rifle season begins for like 8 weekends or so on state hunt side JWP. Think it started last weekend or this weekend without looking it up off the top of my head.

After muzzy rifle season begins for like 8 weekends or so on state hunt side JWP. Think it started last weekend or this weekend without looking it up off the top of my head.

Sorry my phone auto corrected otc to Oct. Is the muzzleloader hunt draw or over the counter is how I should've phrased it so my dumb phone didn't jack it up.

That sounds great. Now I am terrible at judging one of these sheep for lack of experience. Do you have any pointers that may help a guy out. I'm not certain but just guessing is your sheep in the upper 20's and what do you think that that ram in the pic with the deformed ram would measure?

I would also follow in the category of terrible at judging sheep. I have yet to put a tape on my sheep, but I can say it was the largest ram I was able to get within 150 yards of. During my hunt I probably saw two rams larger than mine including the one in the picture above. I saw a couple about the size of mine and numerous smaller/younger rams. Having a two day hunt with a few hours of scouting leading up to it did not give me a chance to look over a lot of sheep to gauge what class of sheep were in the hunting area. Having an additional day or even half a day of scouting would have been great.

The muzzleloader does require an application but has been OTC and they will only do a drawing if the number of applicants increase to a certain point.

A little late for your hunt, but I was working on euro mounting my sheep and put a tape on the horns. They are right around 24".

Hello All!

I'll be going to Lanai for the Mouflon hunt in late October for the rifle hunt! Got my tag. Just looking for anytips/tricks that made you trip better...i.e. where to stay, cars, transpo, areas of the island to focus on (east vs west vs Nw ect....)I planning to get a full day of scouting in prior. Any and all help would be appreciated. I had an axis deer tag earlier this year and i was unable to go! Hoping to make the most of the lanai hunt

Tholi89
I also have a rifle tag there sept1. Lots of info here. Time to start doing your homework! I'll try to do a report here when I get back. Good Luck

Can't wait to see how it goes great place. All you gotta do is get out and not shoot the first sheep you run into. Lots of game there.

Good luck to both of you. It is definitely a unique hunting experience. There plenty of game spotted wherever I went, but getting in range was challenging. A few would have lead to very difficult recoveries. Getting away from the road was the key. I saw very little game from the road and saw plenty of hunters driving the roads.

Les
Leaving Thursday for speedgoats, back on Monday then Thursday off to Lanai. Gonna miss the first ten days of bear season but oh well! I'll keep you posted. :hump:

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back