Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anyone heard about bird hunting

Since when did honey holes evolve into entire regions of a state? SMH.

I hunt northeast of Malta. Sheridan county even. It's super secret up here... because PF, DU and several other publications never call biologists (even the ones in Malta) and publish exactly this kind of info on every outlet they have available. I personally share info with any public land hunter that asks. Funny enough, I can still go out and find birds....

Don, when were you thinking of heading there? I am contemplating bringing my GSP with me if I can find a place to board him while we chase Elk over in area 3. I would be interested in meeting up and running dogs for a couple days.

Damn! Guessing I better go check out south of Malta this year!

In all seriousness, I usually don't respond at all when someone mentions a hunting spot of mine. I figure it's better than drawing more attention to it.

I did hunt south of Malta about 10 years ago. The bird to rattlesnake ratio was enough to keep me in other places for the last decade.

That seals it! I will be hunting elk/deer south of Malta this year and was contemplating bringing my dog to mix in a bit of bird hunting. He's now coming and I'm bringing a pallet of shells with me!

tombstone-kurt-russel-you-tell-them-im-coming-and-hells-coming-with-me.jpg

Never been hunting in Montana. "LOLA" is ready to go find birds. Does anyone know of a motel or place to camp south of Malta. Close to the birds would be nice so I don't have to drive that far. Also, as I am an old 58.... flat land is necessary so I don't have to climb hills. Please include GPS coordinates ;)

PS: I would like to "limit out" within 30 minutes ;)

attachment.php

good luck to all
the dog

If enough of us show up do you think Randy will bring down the podcast so we could all talk about how great the hunting is south of Malta? That would make a great podcast or YouTube video.

Never been hunting in Montana. "LOLA" is ready to go find birds. Does anyone know of a motel or place to camp south of Malta. Close to the birds would be nice so I don't have to drive that far. Also, as I am an old 58.... flat land is necessary so I don't have to climb hills. Please include GPS coordinates ;)

PS: I would like to "limit out" within 30 minutes ;)

attachment.php

good luck to all
the dog

I'll meet you there. LOLA and Hank could put it to the birds like only "ugly" dogs can! :D ;)

Don, when were you thinking of heading there? I am contemplating bringing my GSP with me if I can find a place to board him while we chase Elk over in area 3. I would be interested in meeting up and running dogs for a couple days.

Not sure when yet. A friend is going to Wyoming for Antelope and will meet me over there. He's not been getting good reports on birds either. One guy told him the Missoula area has lot's of Ruff'a and Blue's. Might just end up there. For me it's an expensive trip that I'm gonna afford weather I can or not. Used to hunt the mountains behind Lakeside a lot for grouse, loved it but bet it changed a lot. Loved that grouse hunting!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back