Jacket recommendation

SanDiego Hunter

I am torn between two jackets and hoping someone can point me in the right direction or offer up any experience with either jacked

I will be hunting in Idaho mid to late October. The two jackets I was looking at was the Sitka Jetstream or the Sitka Cloudburst both are almost the same cost so it's a wash one being waterproof and the other not.

1. Doesn't the Cloudburst offer warmth as well as being water proof?
2. Could I survive in Idaho with out a waterproof jacket and maybe just throw a poncho over if need be?
3. Am I completely way off base and should be looking for a completely different jacket?
4. Do the jackets run big or true to size? ( I bought merino baselayer clothing in XL and found that they are huge on me)

Thanks Any help would be greatly appreciated

Joe-

I'm 6' 238 lbs and the XL jet stream fits perfectly. I have a Kelvin lite vest for underneath if need bein XL and the combo works well, though I have yet to use it in the Mountains. I had originally ordered a Kelvin lite jacket and had to return it because the forearms were too tight. Hopefully that helps.

I always opt for waterproof. Not a ton of rain in Idaho at that time of year, but it does happen. And, waterproof jackets are good wind breakers, too.

I always opt for waterproof. Not a ton of rain in Idaho at that time of year, but it does happen. And, waterproof jackets are good wind breakers, too.

I was in the same mind set better have that water proof jacket but wasn't sure if maybe there was a far superior jacket out there on the market I should look at instead

Jetstream is the one you want Between those two.

For value look at Skre gears jacket. It is close to the jetstream but more water proof, slightly louder, and about half the cost $. Ive used both and skre has the best material if water is your biggest concern.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back