Interior secretary recommends Trump alter at least three national monuments.

I believe there were 28 or 29 designations under Obama. Three of them occurred "as he walked out the door". Maybe he should have done those three in his first-term as they seem to be very popular with the majority. It may have cost him UT though. ;-)
I can agree, if they were popular/needed get them designated and have your appointees get the plans in place.

What is the opposition towards oil and gas?

Maybe instead of toeing the partisan line, we put the scientific community and the play use community of our National lands - Monuments, Parks, etc together to find a way to extract with minimal impact... Your going have to give some and if you don't... well, the ultimatum method, meh... friendly discussion. ;)

This is a BINGO!

What is the opposition towards oil and gas?

Maybe instead of toeing the partisan line, we put the scientific community and the play use community of our National lands - Monuments, Parks, etc together to find a way to extract with minimal impact... Your going have to give some and if you don't... well, the ultimatum method, meh... friendly discussion. ;)

Awesome idea. My experience, proponent response, "economically infeasible". Reality.

Craters of the Moon NPS national monument but it's getting left alone and some of the locals want it a NP.

The BLM portion of the Monument is available for livestock grazing. Not surprisingly, the NPS portion, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back