PEAX Equipment

Rifle Sling

This just reminded me I still hadn't ordered one of these yet. Should be here next week.

I sure enjoy mine on my CZ .22 gives it that old traditional look and feels great. Besides a good product made in USA E/MT by a great HT member that can sure find some big elk with a stick bow.

I have never used a Montana sling but I am curious. What does everyone like about them.

Just looking at them I would guess the following:
1. The prices seem more than reasonable.
2. I would imagine they are durable due to the construction.

Are they comfortable to actually have over your shoulder on a long hike in or out of a hunting area?

Thanks

They are comfortable enough. I wouldn't put them on par with some of the neoprene slings, because after l they are just a leather strap. Nothing new about that.

But what I like is the quick adjust. I use a Kifaru gun bearer quite a bit. I like being able to quickly shorten the sling when it's in the gun bearer, so that I don't have a big loop of leather getting caught on brush etc.

I'd second the Kifaru Gun Bearer. As has been said, it takes some tinkering and can be a struggle when moving through heavy cover. But I'm not shy about removing it and either attaching to the pack or just carrying it in those instances. Allowing the pack to carry some of the weight, especially after a shoulder surgery while at the same time having access to it seems like the best of all worlds to me.

If that one don't suit you, try www.sloganoutdoors.com I love this sling. Some type of super-duper synthetic rubber that won't slip off your shoulder- period. You can move it from the strap over one shoulder to a "backpack" style carry with a strap over each shoulder in less than 2 seconds. Has a lifetime warranty.

This is my choice too and it is pretty awesome. Holds tight and non slip, can't imagine any better.

Not trying to hijack the thread but the Mystery ranch quick draw sling looks nice. On the expensive side but seems to really hold the rifle in place. Thinking of picking one up myself

+1 for the Quake Claw. I also have the Kifaru Gun Bearer and use it mostly when covering a lot of ground. These two systems cover all my needs.

Back