Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Greetings From So Cal

SanDiego Hunter

Greetings everyone. I am checking in from San Diego. I am a fairly novice Hunter. I have spent many years dove hunting and pig hunting in Northern California. Five years ago I was invited to a friends ranch in Texas where there Deer hunting was very easy. Even though the hunts in Texas were easy they were fun and I learned quite a deal from them, but I always wanted more. I wanted challenge my self and Share this with my son.

So last year I started planning our First ever ELK hunt. I have spent many hours reading forums, articles and watching youtube videos and I realized that I really didn't know much. From locating, calling to quartering I needed to soak up a lot of info and quickly. One of my many questions was where do I hunt? Do I go guided or not? Well using my VA status I was able to score an amazing deal in Idaho. Which then made it a pretty easy choice for our first Elk Hunt. I really thought long and hard about guided hunts but thought the Idea of just my son in me in the forest hunting together was hands down the better option. I had originally planned to head up there for muzzle loader season so my son could get a crack at it first but my wife is due with our third son next friday and she said "NO WAY" So now we are patiently waiting for October rifle season to come. :)

I know there is probably thousands of years worth of hunting in these forums and I hope to soak up as much knowledge as I can from you guys in hopes it will make me a better hunter all round.

Thanks

Back