Yeti GOBOX Collection

Which pack? Sitka or Mystery Ranch Metcalf

MR Metcalf all the way. Heavier than the aforementioned packs but will not let you down.. especially when it counts with meat on your back.

Had and sold an Exo pack. Not impressed by it. Light and flexible, but not very stable and the general feel of the pack was somewhat unrefined. Their accessories have a flimsy feel.

My new MR Marshall is certainly heavier, but much more stable and more refined. Accessories and finer touches are much better on the MR pack. A much better overall pack IMO.

I haven't tried Kifaru or SG.

Im a wildland firefighter and i wear MR on the fire line they are worth their weight in gold! I just bought the metcalf because of how well the fire line pack preforms! MR has it going on!

I have MR packs and love them, but the latest pack I ordered for my dad is the Kifaru EMR II, and it is a better fit for me than the MR packs.

Just be adviced:

MR Hunting line is delayed in shipping. Make sure retailer reeeeeally have it ready to ship. OpticPlanets says 1-2 weeks, but, I've been waiting on my Pintler since May. I'm not in a hurry, but, just passing the my experience. Drastic measure, have them send you a picture of the pack with a current newspaper, ala, Hollywood-hostage-scenario if it becomes that bad.:p

I don't own a Metcalf and may never own one for "my needs", but, if bank is full, I'd get one in a heart beat. All the readings and viewing on YouTube points me to this pack. If still not convinced the "other" is better...go to the Classified/Sell/ Trade forum and see how many MR packs are on sale vs other brands. Read the reasons why they are selling it. Good luck

There are too many great pack specific companies out there to buy a pack made by a clothing company.

My Exo K3500 arrived the other day. Won't hunt with it until October, but put 30# in it to fit and it's a solid pack. I personally like a little flex which it has. Not enough that you notice it, but enough that it doesn't restrict movement. Very happy with my purchase. It won't be going back.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back