Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First Scouting for the Spawn

JLDemo

This is the little mans first year of actually going scouting & hunting with me instead of after the shot and camping, he couldn't be more excited. I gave him his first pair of bino's and still trying to get use to them, but he's getting there. This picture was of our first little scouting trip in Wyo for antelope, it was rough as the rain and chilly wind made the critters evaporate from view. We did manage to spot a few and I'll post them under our live hunt as this weekend is going to be our first go with archery and a three year old in tow. But I have a feeling he's going to be addicted, it's almost the second I get home from work he wants to go look for "lopes" as he calls them. Hope we can get it done!

G-Man.jpg

Archery pronghorn with a three year old in tow......just to make it more rewarding when you seal the deal.

Archery pronghorn with a three year old in tow......just to make it more rewarding when you seal the deal.

I think it'll be a success just to get into bow range with him with me! I hope to get it done with archery, but if nothing else, we'll get it done during gun season. We're actually going to be just south of you this thanksgiving visiting family and chasing rabbits, pheasant and quail. I'm making it my mission to introduce him to Hog Wild BBQ and Braums Ice cream while we are around Wichita.

I don't mean to sound like a Hallmark card. But successful hunt or not. Your spending time with your boy and making memories that will last for ever. You are also teaching him valuable life lessons. Enjoy!

JLDemo that road looks awful familiar...if it's the one I'm thinking of I might have shot my buck and doe antelope within a mile or two from there last year...haha!

Thanks everyone, he's been having a blast so far. I finally got around to starting up a Live Hunt thread so the rest of the pictures throughout the season will be there as well as the stories. lovetotrapitall, lots of animals around so I don't see a problem filling our tags no matter where you are in the unit!

Thanks again for the info! And have fun with the little guy! I have 3 daughters and they are all starting to run around in the woods with me now. It's an awesome feeling when you see them hit a target or bust a clay for the first time, I can only imagine what I'll do when they connect on their first critter.

Back