Elk Mountain Tents

SFC B

Does anyone have experience with the Elk Mountain Scout tent? At the price for a 10x14 it looks pretty good.

Man, I hope you are planning on truck camping. 52lbs is a lot and that is just the tent. I have hAve looked at them. For the money I would rather get a Kifaru Sawtooth with a stove that I have the option to pack it or set set camp at the truck. Just an option. If your elk hunting its best to be mobile. Hope this helps...one SFC to another.

Not a bad deal but a funky looking setup, Check out Montana canvas or reliable tents they are pretty bullet proof. If your planning on packing in somewhere to hunt I'd check out some of the major tent companies. MSR, Hillenberg, Rei, Big angnes, nemo, stuff like that. We recently decided on a MSR mutha hubba for a week long sheep hunt so I'm anxious to try it. Hope it helps

Last edited:
Just realized that I put this in backpacking.....duh!! This would definitely be base camp/out of the vehicle. I do like the idea of the large teepees but cost is an issue more than weight. At 10x 14 and the stove jack it is interesting.

good tents. maybe a little different looking but it serves a purpose and provides a benefit that others generally don't.

Looks like a Springbar with provisions for a stove. I like that idea! Thanks for the lead.

Looks like a Springbar with provisions for a stove. I like that idea! Thanks for the lead.

That was my thought process too....was looking at the website because a buddy is considering one of their wall tents. I am waiting on a fabric sample right now :)

We (my dad and I) have a elk mountain tent that we bought this spring. Haven't hunted or camped out of it yet, but have set it up. It has several features I like, I can let you know more after the first week in October.

I've had one for a couple years. It's a 13x16 with the porch. First year had a foot of snow on it and it held up great. Last year it was 70 degrees most of the time so really don't know if it deteriorated or not. They're nice tents with a decent setup, but the material seems a bit light for the long run if you plan on being in crappy weather most years. Hopefully it holds up with good maintenance. If I had it to do over, I'd look really closely at the Wall Tent Shop based in Moscow, ID. I've seen two of their tents and was impressed. I haven't looked into their prices very closely but it sounded like they were comparable to Elk mountain.

Back