Taking Care of "The Boys"

LOL... funny thread but true.. I told my son last year that those tighty whities he was wearing was going to cause problems.. he did not believe me.. but he looked miserable after a couple of days.

I told my son last year that those tighty whities he was wearing was going to cause problems..

Those work way better for me than boxers or boxer briefs. It's better it figure out what your body likes BEFORE you get in the backcountry, though. Lol

A product called "Fresh Balls" works pretty well. You can find it on amazon. Be careful googling it though. I second the diaper rash cream once chaffing occurs.

Body Glide!!!!!! I have tried the Gold Bond stuff as well as number of other methods (wipes, neosporin...) and I personally like Body Glide the most. If you haven't ever tried it, you are missing out. I now use it all the time (Long hot day walking or doing yard work, long runs, cycling...). I don't know why, but I was completely opposed to the stuff for years, but after using it on an overnight relay run I was sold.

Merino boxer briefs to prevent chafing. If chafing occurs, desitin diaper cream. Seriously, that stuff is like magic in healing chafing. Seriously, don't leave home without desitin.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for the type of merino boxer brief? I've heard a lot of votes for first lite in the past, but $50+ for some undies??? I spend some serious $$$ on my hunting hobby/habit/lifestyle, but I'm having a hard time dropping that on undies. Is there a good value brand out there that doesn't have a bad fit? Stoic's fit didn't work well for me.

I second the desitin or aquaphor diaper cream for when things get, well, rough. Works.

I'm fat and my legs rub together, so I opt for nylon compression shorts to help keep rubbing in check. Yes, they get funky, but are easy to wash out and dry fast if need be. Good enough ones can be found at Walmart (Starter; Russell) for much less than the bigger more popular brands.

I love dude wipes. After spending long days hiking and staying in a boat, dude wipes is what I like

The white chalky type of deodorant between the legs works wonders.

Under Armor wicking material briefs that go to no less than half way to knee. Using Glide reduces chafing. Use Wet Wipes, unscented, to clean up that area thoroughly each evening prior to climbing into the sleeping bag as sweat dries to jagged salt crystals that will slice up points of contacts on your thighs and feet. Also, the Wet Wipes slow down bacteria that create odor and can lead to sores. Have 2 or 3 sets of quick dry underwear and synthetic liner socks. Rinse out the ones you wear and hang over a cord running the length of the tent each evening so they dry while you wear the other set the next day. Use camp shoes so shuck off your boots once reach camp and let your feet dry out and breathe. Lace your boots so "locks" laces in 2 spots and this helps reduce movement inside the boot at the heel but gives the top of your foot some roomy comfort.

I have found that anti bacterial wipes work a little better than baby wipes and are more fitting for the task. I usually warm up some water and take a camp bath too with non scented soap. Merino underwear definitely is worth the money spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back