Taking Care of "The Boys"

Wisco

Hey fellas,

Just wondering what you guys do to prevent chafing, swamp ass, and the like while putting on the miles in the elk woods. Powders or sprays? Merino boxers or compression shorts. Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Breathable undies like merino or synthetic are a good start. A stick of bodyglide let's you hike faster and jump higher. Manscaping is also a good way to fend off odors and get slippery. Powders will turn into mud.

Oh no, a Hunt Talk manscaping thread....:W:

In all seriousness, merino boxer briefs help a ton with odor and chafing. If it gets real bad, some baby wipes or a mountain stream rinse during some downtime. As stated Body Glide is pretty good stuff for chafing.

Really though I'm going to stink after hunting hard a few days and I accept that.

Baby powder works wonders and never had a issue with scent. Just buy your own instead stealing it from the baby room, the wife will turn you into a suspect after anything goes missing from that point on. Trust me.

A little "trim" goes a long way. Back in the day I raced road bicycles and used chamois butter to help keep things from chafing. I haven't found anything better so why change.

Glue some leather to your taint and be a man.

Or use some breathable undies, body glide and baby wipes like I do.

I get some amazing chunder going on early season.

Glue some leather to your taint and be a man.

Or use some breathable undies, body glide and baby wipes like I do.

I get some amazing chunder going on early season.

Summers Eve and Brut....back to ground zero.

My buddy chafed his taint on a Breaks elk hunt we were on. He found some stuff in Malta. Taint cream it is now known. Don't remember what it was, I'll ask. I just know, even though we've been friends since childhood, I left the tent when he applied it. Some things are private. And it was right after dinner. mtmuley

Merino boxer briefs to prevent chafing. If chafing occurs, desitin diaper cream. Seriously, that stuff is like magic in healing chafing. Seriously, don't leave home without desitin.

Last edited:
Merino boxer briefs to prevent chafing. If chafing occurs, desitin diaper cream. Seriously, that stuff is like magic in healing chafing. Seriously, don't leave home without desitin.
Having kids opened my eyes to the effectiveness of diaper rash cream. A tube has a permanent place in the toiletries kit.

Scent Free Baby Butt wipes. Use often and always have them in your camp, vehicle, and in your pack! Use them each and every time doing a business.

Oh no, a Hunt Talk manscaping thread....:W:

In all seriousness, merino boxer briefs help a ton with odor and chafing. If it gets real bad, some baby wipes or a mountain stream rinse during some downtime. As stated Body Glide is pretty good stuff for chafing.

Really though I'm going to stink after hunting hard a few days and I accept that.

Dear Lord.....please let me never drink downstream of this action

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back