Remington 700 7mm value??

mtguy

I am posting this hoping I can get some info on what I could get for my 7 Rem mag. It is a Remington 700 sps stainless. Aftermarket timney trigger, HS precision stock, bedded and recrowned by local gunsmith. I know I won't get back all the money that I put into it but curious what's fair. Its to big for my daughter to shoot and I bought a 300 so it's going down the road shortly. Maybe has 100 rounds thru it. It's topped with a ZEISS conquest 3.4-10x44 with z800 reticle. Would sell with or without scope.

Last edited:
How does it shoot? I have similar set up in 270. I would be willing to trade and kick in some cash to make it fair. Mine has grouped 0.75 in past off bench with Barnes Ammo. I have a .308 I like better due to weight. 270 doesn't offer any relevant killing advantages IMO so it will likely be a safe queen.

Shoot...when I read your post I got confused on which caliber you are getting rid of (despite the very clear title of your post)...7mm are great, just not something I'm interested in. Sorry. Good luck selling. Sounds like a nice set up

How does it shoot? I have similar set up in 270. I would be willing to trade and kick in some cash to make it fair. Mine has grouped 0.75 in past off bench with Barnes Ammo. I have a .308 I like better due to weight. 270 doesn't offer any relevant killing advantages IMO so it will likely be a safe queen.

It shoots very well. Federal accubonds shot under moa. The best group Ive shot with it was with Remington premier scirocco 150's, a few groups under 1/2 inch. Never reloaded for it since it would shoot factory pretty good. Sorry, not looking for a 270.

i'm wondering if i should part it out. Put the cheap plastic stock it came with and sell the LA H-S stock separately.

Put a price on it. Advertise it in several places online, and in a newspaper or two locally.
Hunting season is near. It is amazing how many guys seem to have to buy another gun to use just before season start.

If you aren't successful by November then part it out. Though you may not recoupe the cost of the trigger and recrowning work.

Last edited:
I think you should probably sell the scope separately. In my experience it's sometimes tough to sell a gun that has had work done on it. Too many "do it yourself" gunsmiths out there, makes buyers leery. If you can provide a receipt from the gunsmith it might be helpful. Without seeing the gun, I would venture a guess that you're looking somewhere in the ballpark of $500-$800 without scope.

I suggest trolling thru Gunbroker to get a feel for prices. I also agree with selling the scope separately or keeping it for whatever new rifle you get. I bought a Remington Model 700 in 7mm Rem mag a couple of years ago. Got it for $425 with a cheap scope. I have replaced the trigger with a Timney which I love!

When I was looking, there were pages of 700's in 7mm Mag. If its not a "Buy It Now" with a good price or a "No Reserve" it will likely linger for longer than you will want. As you watch GB, many guns don't sell and are relisted. It may be a good idea to put the factory stock back on and sell the B&C stock separately.

Good luck with it.

Back