2018 Mulie Advice

mbotkin

Looking at burning 3 points next year. Want to stay in the eastern half of Wyoming, preferably Casper area or open for suggestions. Looking at areas 10, and 22. Don't think I want to waste 3 pps on area B. Would appreciate some ideas and or thoughts on the area. Thanks in advance.

I think the south central units in Wyoming have been doing better and better in the success rates for deer.
Unit 84 has draw odds in your favor for a limited quota unit, and decent terrain.

I haven't hunted there but have looked at it hard for a future hunt.
I'm leaning toward the general tags right now though. I will be hunting in region F this fall and if it all goes well I'll stick with it.
But if you already started building points you have many options in Wy.
Maybe someone here can give some word on a better option for you.

I would like to try to stay in an area that I can draw elk tags for 3-4 points if I can. That way learning an area is faster and easier if hunting both deer and elk .

Last edited:
Depends on which deer species you are interested in. best White tails are in the north east and mule deer in the south west of the state.

Either unit would be good for you. How many points does B take? 1? If that.

Yes I believe B was 100% with 1 pp. I think I'm going to press on with one of the limited quota units.

Mills gave good advice. SC has great deer populations right now with good buck/doe ratios. Maybe get a general elk tag to go with a LQ deer tag. We have both mulies and whitetails around here with better whitetails a little further east. No grizz and wolves are very scarce, have been sighted but not a problem.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back