Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

I love chasing wolves

nube

I had a couple buddies up from Louisiana last winter on a trapline adventure and they wanted to catch a wolf. Day 3 we got it done. I've been fortunate to catch 27 of them the last 2 years. Most have crappy fur and are no good but it sure helps the moose population.
Here are a few other trapping pics as well since it seems there is no trapping section on this forum.
54QOsY5.jpg

tkxhkVf.jpg

j45Locx.jpg

Frq62Dd.jpg

4BOQEuK.jpg

PRm3cPN.jpg

gjjozeW.jpg

KY5tvMo.jpg

GXdMZnT.jpg

mWnAocc.jpg

nVOmgqs.jpg

TFBdM40.jpg

eilif9O.jpg

pd85zk0.jpg

UpdPpTr.jpg

Belisle 160's sure are wicked little traps! I use them also. How many coyotes are you getting a year?

Last edited:
Belisle 160's sure are wicked little traps! I use them also. How many coyotes are you getting a year?

Yup those things hurt if they get you.
My best year was 147. Usually get 50-100 every year without too much hassle. It sure is addicting. Prices are good and it helps the deer out for sure. Wolves I have got 27 in the last 2 years.

Last edited:
These wolves have never been trapped. The packs are huge and the Gov't has basically wiped out the Moose and elk in the area so there is not food for them anymore. They have mange and are starving to death for the most part. I am on the edge of caribou country and they are trying to save the caribou is why they want to do things this way. I came in and killed off 3 packs in the area I trap around my cabin and I have seen an increase in the ungulates already which is surprising. I actually see calves now but the next issue is there are a ton of Grizzlies and we can't touch those...

Can you guys hunt them other than Alaska yet? I heard Montana was going to open it up and Idaho as well. Not sure if that happened or not. If so how is the success?

Can you guys hunt them other than Alaska yet? I heard Montana was going to open it up and Idaho as well. Not sure if that happened or not. If so how is the success?

Montana has been open for a few years now. There's a few folks on the forum that have seen some success.

Thank you for sharing your great hunts and trapping success. That is really impressive. Your wolf hide quality and size looks very similar to MN. It almost more rare to see a big thick healthy chair coat than a scraggly one. MN had an open wolf season for a couple years then a judge allowed a frivolous lawsuit to close the season the last two years. It was great for the people of MN the few years it was open and actually much better for the health of the wolves population. Nature by design is often a boom or bust and sensible managemt is certainly a good goal.

Back