Four Mountain Lions crowding my Trail Camera photos/videos!

windymtnman

Every Summer, we set out trail camera out on a Spring up on the mountain behind the ranch. We usually get a lot of nice Bulls and a few Bears stopping by, and never fail to get "something" on camera. I usually go swap the memory card every 10 to 14 days. A few weeks ago, when I did this, I was pretty surprised to see 4 Mountain Lions visiting the Spring. They all came on two separate days. The camera was set to take a still pic, and then follow with a 20 second video. So, we got a lot of videos of the cats laying around grooming and relaxing after their drink.
Here's just one pic of them.

Attachments

• 07260065.jpg
    07260065.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 375
Always cool to see a cat. I didn't draw again this year in MT, but someday...

It always amazes me how many cats there really are in an area that are hardly ever seen. Very cool, but hell on your deer and elk!!

Wow. That's a killing machine there; a pack of cats!

That's just great. Folks who know cats will know better than me but I imagine it's a mother with three nearly grown young. What would the woods be without cougars? I love the mystery of them.

I have seen 4 at once together but three were small which made me think it was a mother and 3 Cubs. They were not even close to as big as those, that is pretty cool stuff there. The videos would be fun to watch, their behavior is just interesting to observe.

The videos we have are obviously far more interesting than a still photo, however we have pathetically slow satellite internet in the mountains, and halfway through the month we run over our data allowance, so our internet speed slows to a crawl. It would take us 2 hours to load a 20 sec, video and just isn't worth the frustration!

Very cool! I read the description before looking at the photo and figured you had separate pictures of what you believed were 4 different cats. Holy cow, you do have 4 different cougars!

Back