North Dakota Public Land DIY Bowhunt

Cmbrown337

My life and I just decided to go on a DIY public land bowhunt next month for whitetails in North Dakota.

Last year was her first year hunting so I am looking to get her her first deer. Just wondering if anybody has any experience hunting whitetails on public land in ND. What regions of the state hold good amounts of public land and a good whitetail population. A large buck is not needed. Just looking to get a general idea of what region of the state where we could see a good amount of deer. Thanks.

Alot of great options... spot and stalk or still/stand hunting. Need a lil more info as to what your looking at doing.. north, east, or out west? Shoot me a PM and i can def help out anyway possible. We have a ton of state land and opportunity!!!

I was going to do this this year, but I can't afford the tag this time, so just pheasants & ducks this year. From my research, the bulk of the public land- there isn't much- is the national grasslands in the SW area of the state- W of Dickinson & S of I-94. That's where I'm planning on going next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back