PEAX Equipment

Cleaning kits

Popcan

Just curious if anyone out there has a quality cleaning kit that they really like. I purchased a cheap one a few years ago and just broke the push rod as I was cleaning my rifle. It was one of those $35 kits from the big box stores. Anyone know of any of better quality? I'd rather not have tho buy a new one every couple years. Am I doomed?

Do yourself and your rifle a favor. Get an appropriate length cleaning rod, a quality bore guide and the properly sized patches, jags and brushes for the rifles you are cleaning. mtmuley

Do yourself and your rifle a favor. Get an appropriate length cleaning rod, a quality bore guide and the properly sized patches, jags and brushes for the rifles you are cleaning. mtmuley

I was having issues earlier this year and this is what I did form thier advice. I won't go back, so much nicer and a better end result.

An Otis is great for a quick cleaning, but if you have to push several solvent patches, then several passes with a bore brush, and then several patches to dry the bore, a properly fitting cleaning rod with a quality bore guide will make the job a lot quicker and easier. I use a Lucas bore guide, Bore Tech Eliminator Solvent, a Bore Tech coated cleaning rod, and their brushes and jags. I do carry an Otis kit in my pack when hunting "just in case".

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Seems obvious now but, it never even crossed my mind to put together my own kit lol. You guys are the best.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back