VX5-HD or VX-6 (non-HD)?

carljohnson

I just mounted a Leupold VX5-HD 2-10X42 on my Tikka Superlite T3X .308 and came across a good deal on a Leupold VX6 2-12x42 (non-HD). My options are the following with the VX6

1- Replace the scope on new Tikka .308 (has a VX5-HD 2-10X42 currently)
2- Replace scope on new Ruger American 22-250 (3.5-10x50 Vortex Diamondback on there currently)
3- Replace scope on old [1970's] Ruger M77 .270 (rifle currently sporting an old Leupold VXII 3-9x40)
4- Sell the VX6
5- Save VX6 for possible next rifle (not sure what that'll be)

Thought's?

Personally, I wouldn't have mounted a scope that weighs a pound on a Superlite. I love Leupold scopes, but only have experience with the VX3 versions. They are all I'll buy.

Good luck with your decision.

Keep them both and mount them both. I'd probably replace the vortex and keep it laying around for your next rifle

The 22-250 is my long distance trainer/varmit rifle. I was thinking of buying a 6.5-20x44 for that one. I could return the Diamondback (bought at a deal from Cabela's for $150) and mount the Leupold until I save enough to afford the 6.5-20.

If you go #4 let me know as I'm looking for one.

What do you think of your vx5HD Carl?

I'm buying a used vx6 or new vx5 soon to mount on a AR platform in .308 and would be curious if you like it.

If you go #4 let me know as I'm looking for one.

What do you think of your vx5HD Carl?

I'm buying a used vx6 or new vx5 soon to mount on a AR platform in .308 and would be curious if you like it.

I've only had the VX5 out so sight in so far but it's very sweet so far. In looking between it and the VX6, I don't see much of a difference at all. I think it's worth the cost.

I've only had the VX5 out so sight in so far but it's very sweet so far. In looking between it and the VX6, I don't see much of a difference at all. I think it's worth the cost.

You shouldn't see any difference between the 5 and 6. I've been told they are the same glass, the 5 just doesn't have as many features as the 6

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back