Caribou Gear Tarp

Turn: Washington's Spys

Brian in Montana

I've been catching up on this on Netflix. It's one of my favorite TV series out there. It's not exactly what you might expect from a Revolutionary War show; it's not about the great, pivotal battles. It's more about the things going on in the shadows. Acts of sabotage, assasinations, friendships and loyalties, and intelligence gathering primarily with regard to the Culper Ring that opperated in British held New York. I've done some reading after getting into the series and found out that most the characters are historical and the situations they were involved in, including their identities, were largely extrapolated from George Washington's actual letters and notes - he was apparently extremely meticulous when it came to keeping documentation. In almost every episode, there is an actual letter read aloud that was written by someone at the time. Much of season 2 deals with the defection of Benedict Arnold and the ramifications of that.

Anyway, great series. If you're interested in historical fiction you should really have a look at this.

I watched it beginning to end and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad they ended it by staying with the historical conclusion and didn't try to make up new stories just to prolong the show.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back