Thor Bullets: One size fits all

I only a single 15 pack and these are 300 grain. One thing that I will say is that the 300gr version is a longer bullet and has more bearing surface, which alone makes it load snugger than a 250gr Thor of the same size.

One concern, will we lose some FPS due to the design?

IMG_9537.jpg

Taking a closer look at the bullet on the Right, this is the all new One size fits all Thor. How do they do that? This bullet is .503" diameter, but have 4 cuts, very thin, that run almost to the base of the bullet. The purpose is to allow the concave base of the bullet, to slightly crush inward as you push the bullet down the bore.

We are basically sizing the Thor to OUR bore size, as we load! Bullet on the left is a standard Thor.
IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

With a standard 300gr Thor and 100gr Blackhorn209, I've clocked these bullets at 1,826 FPS. Will the New one size fits all Thor do the same, or will we lose some Velocity? I personally do not think we'll lose much at all, if any FPS due to the fact that the base that flares up the most upon ignition, is still whole, and will fatten up and seat the bore. We will take a look-see however!

I did check a couple of my Traditions Sidelocks and believe it or not, I was able to start the bullet by hand before pulling it out as I do not intend to shoot them out of those rifles just yet.

No word on when they will be 100% available or if they will offer them in the 250 grain version, but at least we have something to look forward to and simplify sizing them from now on.
IMG_9545.jpg

Thanks for the post. I just started shooting Thor bullets this year and have been impressed once I got the size figured out. I drew a MZ elk tag in Colorado and my hunting partner is shooting Thor as well but a different size, will be nice on future hunts to all carry the same bullet in case something stupid happens.

Love the thor .503 300 bullets. I'm curious to try the one size bullet to see if it changes impact points.

And I just went through the sizing process!

Shooting 250s for pronghorn this year, anyway.

Okay, Now the rifle was sighted in 1/2" high at 50 yards with the 250 grain Thors. I shot One 250gr Thor at 100 yards to make sure I was on sight. This hit nearest the bulls eye.

Knowing that the 300's shoot lower, I upped it 8 clicks and proceeded to shoot 3 shots from 100 yards with the 300gr one size fits all thor, with 100 grains blackhorn209.

After those shots, I loaded up another 250gr Thor and took one more shot that hit level with the first shot, but now 2" high due to the scope adjustment.
IMG_9550.jpg

300gr Thors
IMG_9549.jpg

Set up from a distance of 20 feet, the 100gr charge of BH209 and the 300gr one size fits all thor registered an average velocity of 1,801 FPS in my 24" barrel. Avg spread of 16 FPS.
IMG_9551.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back