Yeti GOBOX Collection

Getting permission to hunt private

Hunter/nh2mt

Anyone have any luck or have any tips on getting permission to hunt private land without being able to go knock on doors. My wife and I have tags to hunt pronghorn in MT unit 510. It is mostly private and we live hours away. Due to some medical issues that have come up we not going to be able to go to the unit ahead of time. My wife is dead set on going so any pointer that have worked would be useful.

Back home in Wisconsin a case of beer and some nice steaks got me into a few whitetail properties. Just do not get discouraged by "no". It is truly a numbers game. Also ask about just access. Some may not let you hunt, but they might let you access some nice land locked public. By the way, Women have better luck than men at getting the sought after "yes". So have your wife do the talking. ;)

Check with Fish and Wildlife for a Block Management booklet. There are many landowners in the program that give hunters trespass rights. On a moose hunt I did in the Big Hole I had everything available arranged prior to my trip down there. I made the rounds the day of my arrival to introduce myself.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back