Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cabela's Krotos Spotting Scope

SFN2821

Has anybody tried this spotting scope yet? Looks to be made by Athlon and the price point is intriguing. Messed around with it in the store and it seems solid. Debating between this item at a lower price point and the Vortex Razor. Thoughts?

Cabelas has it on sale right now. I just picked up a 15-45 for ~$350. For that price I think it’s hard to beat. Stock is low online but a local store may still have some.

Has anybody tried this spotting scope yet? Looks to be made by Athlon and the price point is intriguing. Messed around with it in the store and it seems solid. Debating between this item at a lower price point and the Vortex Razor. Thoughts?

Athlon doesn't make anything, they have mostly Chinese stuff made by the same factory as others that any other company can also brand and sell. Pick a rubber armor mold and a logo and away you go. Search around enough and you will find this with MOST of the optics out there. Unless you know the industry you really don't know who makes what. I used the 65mm version of that scope this year in Colorado that I got as a factory sample as a possible addition to the Theron line. Nice scope, but a bit heavy for my liking for it's compact size.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back